I’m pretty sure I’ve mentioned this in previous posts and all over Twitter but I am officially done with my first year of University and back in London for an amazingly long summer holiday! I cannot stress how emotionally taxing this last term has been for me with exams and personal life, but it’s summer and I’m freer and significantly more happy so bring on the next few months.
However, as much as I’m loving my new found freedom, I am a person that thrives on being busy. I get bored a lot when I don’t have something to challenge myself (read more about that here), so being the person that I am I have loads of little challenges and tasks I want to complete this summer. At this minute, they’re all scrambled around in my head, so I figured by writing them out and posting them online, I’d be more likely to follow through. Throughout this summer, I will use this new series to document what I get up to this summer… So without further ado here’s a list of:
What I Want to Complete this Summer
1) Read 10 Books… Being an English Literature student I read a lot, however I haven’t read a book for pleasure (something that wasn’t on my course) for such a long time. Therefore, this summer I’m going to get back into the swing of things, and maybe even post a couple of book reviews on my blog this summer? I’m hoping to do a huge Amazon order in the next couple of weeks, so leave some book recommendations in the comments!
2) Write more songs… I love song writing. I love music in general, in the last month it’s been particularly cathartic, and again, with Uni (and being away from my piano) I haven’t really had the time, so I’m very excited to get back to it…
3) Self-teach myself Italian… I’ve always wanted to go to Italy and next year I am making that a reality regardless of whether I go with people or alone, so in the mean time I’m gonna teach myself some Italian. I’m not expecting to be fluent or anything, but I wanna know a few words/sentences by the end of the summer.
4) Do some upcycling… Unpacking my Uni room I realised that I have a lot of clothes and yet minimal options when it comes to what I want to wear… This year I’ve really come into my own style and so now a lot of my clothes don’t feel like something I would wear. However, I am a poor Uni student and also I don’t like wasting things, so I’m going to attempt to upcycle a bunch of my clothes and turn them into things that actually suit me. I’m excited to do some DIY and you can probably expect a post or 2 on these in the future.
5) Get better at (blogging) Instagram… I feel like as a Blogger, Instagram is where I fail. I don’t have a theme, I post once every few weeks (compared to a lot of bloggers who post multiple times a day) and honestly a lot of the time I forget that my blogging Instagram account exists… Therefore, this summer I’m going to attempt to get better at the whole posting photos thing, I probably still won’t have a theme, and lets be real I’ll never get to daily posting levels, but get ready for more photos (and follow me here).
6) Get into better shape… I briefly mentioned in my post on bikini bodies that I’m trying to get into better shape, mainly so I can just improve my fitness. I go to the gym and eat relatively healthy at University, however I never have enough time and there’s so much stress and I want to really focus on it while I have the time this summer.
7) Learn a new skill… I have no idea what this is going to be yet, but I like a challenge so I’m ready to try something new.
8) Really push my blog… I want to stick to my posting 3 times a week (maybe more sometimes) as recently life has got the best of me. However, I also want to work on producing the best quality content that I can, and bring you posts that really embody who I am. I like personal posts, and rants, and my new late night rambling series, but I also really enjoy the reviews and the random list posts and updates. I don’t have a niche and I don’t have a specific thing that defines me, but I want my blog to scream me… Gonna work real hard on that this summer.
So, hope you’ve enjoyed this little post, I’m actually really excited to see what this summer brings and I hope to keep you updated through this new series and also on my Twitter and Instagram!
How are you spending this summer? Tell me if you like any of these ideas/are also doing anything similar or different, and don’t forget to leave me some book recommendations!
Lots of love,