So I’m back with another award post, because Life Got me Like and Hannah Jarvis both nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award! Thank you so much to both of you, I honestly really appreciate it, and I know that I’m a bit late responding to your nominations, but as I wrote in my last post, my blogging schedule’s been a bit all over the place recently… The rules are as follows:
- Thank blogger(s) who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
I haven’t done an award post in a while so I’m excited to answer their questions, and I figured, as they both nominated me with different questions, I’d do them both at once! Let’s get started with…
Life Got me Like’s Questions…
1) If you could be any animal, what would it be and why?
I would probably just be a house cat because they have a really sweet life… Sleeping and eating all day? Receiving love and affection from your owners and never having to go outside? The dream!
2) If your life was made into a movie, which Hollywood actress would play you?
I think that Gabrielle Union is incredibly pretty and can do no wrong, so probably her (In my dreams).
3) What movie scared you as a kid, but you look at now and think, “really?”
I was terrified of Bugsy Malone because they all die when they get hit with cream pies and I was (still am) terrified of death… I don’t care if they’re pies that movie sent me into an existential crisis and I stand by my fear!
4) If you were stranded on an island, what are 3 things you would have to have with you?
My phone, a portable charger and a water bottle.
5) If you could tell your 16 year old self one thing, what would it be?
Leave your hair alone! You’re about to do so many stupid things to it… DON’T! Cut the side fringe and then stop. Don’t “trim” it, don’t keep cutting it, don’t play with “texture” and don’t, for the love of everything, get bangs cut. Trust me. Your hair is better left alone.
6) What food do you think is delicious, but others think is gross?
I like mushrooms? I feel like that’s something that people are divided on? Oh, and pineapple on pizza! Although, if you ask me, that one’s not gross at all…
7) If your pet could talk to you, what would it say?
“Put your laptop away and let me sit on your lap! Show me the love I deserve!”
8) What’s something silly that you’re afraid of?
I… really don’t have any massive fears apart from death and walking home alone in the dark (which are both pretty reasonable if you ask me).
9) What’s your favourite family tradition?
Probably just everything that we do on Christmas morning… It’s so cute and family oriented.
10) What’s worse; clowns or spiders?
Spiders. I’ve never got the scary clown thing…
11) If money wasn’t an option, what would you do with it?
Probably just save… or buy a house… Boring stuff.
Hannah Jarvis’ Questions…
1) Why did you start blogging?
I’ve written about this many times, and you can find more detail here, but basically, I was super lost, didn’t know what I was doing with my life, missed writing, and now here we are.
2) Favourite Bloggers?
There are soooo many! But I’d say that right now I’m really enjoying Millenial Rants, Covet Luxe and Eni’s Struggling Student Survival Guide. I really like where they’re all taking their blogs at the moment and I strongly recommend checking them out!
3) Favourite Youtubers?
As I’ve just started Youtube, I have a new found appreciation for small Youtubers, and honestly there are some really great ones out there that need more support! If you like book reviews, and booktubers in general, check out Uptown Oracle, if you like beauty, check out Becca Jayne, and if you’re into fashion, check out Love from Lucy.
4) Favourite Beauty Product?
I’ve started wearing foundation again (Not everyday, but for events and stuff), and I’m back to really loving the Ordinary Coverage Foundation. It makes my skin look really glowy and even!
5) If you could only visit one more place, where would it be?
I’d try and get around as much of the USA as possible. Like, right now, the top of my travel bucket list is Italy, but if I could only visit one more place I’d want to go somewhere massive and far away.
6) Any New Year Resolutions?
Yes, 18 of them actually! Check them out in a blog post here.
7) Got anything excited planned for 2018?
Yes actually! Quite a few things, but I think the most exciting one is my trip to Chicago in June! I explain what that’s about in a blog post here.
8) Favourite online shop?
I feel like Missguided never steer me wrong, plus they’re affordable and have amazing sales. I’m a big fan!
9) Favourite fashion piece?
Recent post on them, here.
10) Worst beauty product you tried last year?
I don’t really try that much makeup so that’s quite hard… I think my least favourite thing that I purchased last year was probably the RimmelxKate trio? You know the one with the bronzer, blush and highlighter? I think that’s mainly because they’re not that pigmented on dark skin…
11) Name one experience off your bucket list?
Publish a book. It’s been there since I was 6.
And there you have it! Thank you so much to the two lovely ladies that nominated me and asked me these questions! I’m not going to nominate people because I feel like I’ve seen almost everybody complete this by now… However, if you haven’t and you want to, I nominate you!
Hope you enjoyed this! Which question was your favourite? Answer it below in the comments!
Lots of love,