I haven’t done a tag post in absolutely ages but I was recently tagged in this one by the lovely B from thebitsandbobsinmybrain and I haven’t read the questions yet so I’m actually pretty excited! This is gonna be super long and I apologise, but hey, maybe you can read it on a long train ride, or maybe you’re super nosey and just wanna see what’s going on…
Like B, I’ve been having a problem with finishing the posts in my draft box at the moment (if you saw the post that accidentally published this morning, I’m sorry, that will probably get finished at… some point), so this tag post is a little breath of fresh air! Without further ado, here’s 50 questions that I (may have) never been asked…
1) What’s your favourite candle scent?
I don’t really have one… I’m not the biggest candle person because I’m clumsy and will most likely end up burning a room to the ground…
2) What female celeb do you wish was your sister?
Never really thought about it but Anna Kendrick popped into my head and to be honest I reckon she’d be a great older sister.
3) What male celeb do you wish was your brother?
Kevin McHale popped into my head… no idea why but hey I loved Glee so why not?
4) How old do you think you’ll be when you get married?
Honestly at this point in my life I can’t see past the next few months, let alone look into the proper future… But I don’t know, not anytime soon.
5) Do you know a hoarder?
I mean… I guess I can be one from time to time…
6) Can you do the splits?
I used to be a fancy gymnast and back then I could, but now not so much… I can do jazz splits if I stretch a lot so I’ma say that counts…
7) How old were you when you first learnt how to ride a bike?
I was 7… and I ended up in the hospital… (I’ll tell that story some time… maybe next week actually, I’m bulk writing in prep for my holiday)
8) How many oceans have you swam in?
A few? Maybe? I don’t know, but I do know that I’d take a pool over an ocean any day.
9) How many countries have you visited?
13 (I think), 14 by the end of this week though 😉
10) Is anyone in your family in the army?
Not that I know of?
11&12) What would you name your daughter/son if you ever had one?
I’ve never been a person to plan their baby names, I’ll build that bridge when I come to it.
13) What’s the worst grade you’ve ever got on a test?
I got a D in an AS mock one time and almost gave up the subject (yes I am that annoying person that gets disappointed in anything below an A/B).
14) What was your favourite TV show as a kid?
Omg I’m a TV addict where do I start? Kenan and Kel, Drake and Josh and Sabrina the Teenage Witch are probably the top 3.
15) What did you dress up for Halloween as when you were 8?
I don’t remember that specific year… but I was basic as a child so I generally alternated between a witch and a cat, so one of those 2.
16) Have you ever read Harry Potter, Twilight or the Hunger Games series’?
My dad read the Harry Potter books to me (It started when I was too young to read them, and then we just carried on as I grew up because it became “our thing), and I read the Twilight books myself, but I’ve never read the Hunger Games.
17) Would you rather have an American accent or a British one?
I get told more than you’d think (particularly by children) that I “sound American”, despite having never been to America, so maybe I should just have an American accent…
18) Did your mum go to University? No.
19) Are your grandparents still married? One set is, my other Grandad is a widower.
20) Have you ever taken karate lessons? No, but I own an official black belt.
21) Do you know who Kermit the frog is? Who doesn’t? How dare you?
22) What was the first amusement park you went to? Legoland when I was like 5.
23) What language (despite native) would you like to be fluent in?
French because I’ve been learning it for a whole 14 years of my life.
24) Do you spell the colour as grey or gray?
GrEy because that’s the English way.
25) Is your father bald?
Yes, but by choice – he shaves his head every few weeks, but he’s not like completely bald, he has a little fuzz.
26) Do you know any triplets?
No, but that would be cool.
27) Do you prefer Titanic of the Notebook?
Never seen either of them (I know, I’m the worst).
28) Have you ever had Indian food?
Yes… Not the biggest fan, but I get specific cravings for it sometimes.
29) What’s the name of your favourite restaurant?
The Harvester, home to my favourite dessert of all time: the Rocky Horror.
30) Have you ever been to Nandos?
Home of the lads with the cheekiest banter? Of course mate.
31) Do you belong to any warehouse stores? (Costco, Bookers, etc)
Yeah, my parents have a Costco card and it means I can buy bottles of diet coke in bulk, which is the dream.
32) What would your parents have named you if you were the opposite gender?
Ethan-Kyle. In fact, they only had a boys named plan, and pretty much came up with ‘Jasmine’ quickly after they gave birth to a girl.
33) If you have a nickname what is it?
Jas is probably the most common one, but then there’s also Jazzy, Jaja, Tinkerbell, Burkey… The list goes on.
34) Who is your favourite person in the world?
My mum, dad and sister are gonna have to take joint first on that. Especially recently, they’ve all been pretty amazing through my period of darkness.
35) Would you rather live in the countryside or the city?
The city… Growing up in London has spoilt me.
36) Can you whistle?
NO AND IT HAS HAUNTED ME MY WHOLE LIFE WE’RE NOT GOING TO TALK ABOUT IT.
37) Do you sleep with a night light?
Not anymore (look at me being an adult).
38) Do you eat breakfast every morning?
No, and I know it’s bad and I’m trying to but I’m pretty terrible at it.
39) What medical conditions do you have?
Achilles Tendinopathy and a mild allergy to certain soaps… may do a post on the Achilles Tendinopathy at some point because not many people know about it.
40) How many times have you been to hospital?
For serious things? Twice: once when I was 6 and got a bead stuck in my ear and had to have it surgically removed… and once when I learnt to ride that devil bike…
41) Have you ever seen finding Nemo?
I don’t know does Dory just keep swimming?
42) Where do you buy your jeans?
Next (they do the best jeans I’ve found so far) and Pull and Bear, but I’m thinking of maybe diving into Topshop…
43) What was the last compliment you got?
“You’re cute and caring and you deserve better than this sadness.”
44) Do you remember your dreams in the morning?
Yes, but only if I spam someone with word vomit the second that I wake up.
45) What flavour tea do you enjoy?
Mint or ginger, depending on my mood.
46) How many pairs of shoes do you currently own?
In terms of the ones I actually wear, 6, and 5 of them are boots. I clearly have a preferred style of shoe.
47) What religion will you raise your children to practice in?
Again, will cross that bridge when I come to it.
48) How old were you when you found out Santa wasn’t real?
Urm… Santa is real, shut up you’re wrong.
49) Why do you have a blog?
I love writing and I felt all lost in life, read more about it here.
50) Name your 5 favourite albums ever?
Albums are hard so I’m gonna do musical soundtracks: Memphis, Wicked, Hairspray, Burlesque (I know it doesn’t really count but oh well), and Kinky Boots.
And there you have it! This was super long, I apologise but hey I never really do posts this long and maybe you were nosy enough to read til the end! If you did, comment either your answer to any of these questions in the comments, or the codeword -chocolate milk-.
Lots of love,