I know I did a post like this very recently, but I’m excited to announce that I’ve been nominated for another blogging award! This is honestly such an amazing feeling… I didn’t really think my blog was gonna go anywhere and this is my second award nomination within a week, so a massive thank you to the amazing Ellie Pilcher from EllesBelles Bookshelf for the nomination! Although this is coming to you on a Saturday I actually wrote this last Sunday straight after her nominating me because I read the questions she asked and got very excited to answer them right away!
The rules of this award are pretty simple:
- Thank and link the blogger who nominated you
- Answer the 7 questions they asked you
- Nominate 7 bloggers for this award and let them know
- Ask 7 questions for your nominees
So without further ado I’ll get started with Ellie’s questions:
- What is your Favourite Disney movie?
If we’re including Pixar my favourite would have to Monsters Inc. I loved Monsters Inc sooooo much as a child, and after re-watching it (semi) recently I can honestly say that I still do… That movie is an emotional roller-coaster! My favourite character has always been Sully – I have a massive mug with his face on and I used to have a pair of Sully ears which I was obsessed with, and wore all over the place.
- What is your favourite Social Media site?
Okay, I used to hate it, but since I’ve started using it to help with blogging I’d have to say Twitter. The blogging community on Twitter are the nicest people and I’ve met some amazing friends on there who I can go to with advice and questions. Twitter chats have become a regular part of my week and I’m really enjoying it! (Follow me on Twitter if you don’t already at @thoughtsfromjasmine)
- Aside from Blogging what other hobbies do you have?
I think I mentioned this in my 20 before 20 post, but I really like songwriting, and I’ve been getting into it a lot more recently. My main three hobbies all revolve around writing: song-writing, book writing and blog writing so yeah I spend a looooot of time writing.
- Describe your perfect day.
I feel like the best days I have involve hanging out with my friends or my family and sitting around and talking about everything under the sun. Whether that’s on a sofa, or round a dinner table playing cards, or crammed in someones bedroom… With the right people you never run out of things to say.
- What Harry Potter house are you?
(Just to clarify, I only know this because I have a few friends who are massive Harry Potter fangirls and I wanted to be part of the quizzing). I am majority Hufflepuff, the most underrated house in Harry Potter. So, according to an online quiz that means that I’m generous and kind-hearted (and also a member of the group that no one at Hogwarts seems to care about, which seems pretty fitting to be honest).
- Theatre, Film or Television programme?
From favourite to least favourite I’d probably go: theatre, television programme, film. I have an actual obsession with musical theatre and if I had more money (and more time) I would see as many musicals as I possibly could; there’s nothing quite like live theatre. My favourite musicals would have to be Memphis, Hairspray and Wicked… Although, unpopular opinion, I actually thought that Shrek The Musical had a nice charm about it…
- What does Blogging mean to you?
For me, blogging is a way of taking the tangled thoughts from my mind and untangling them on my computer screen. I tend to go through periods of extreme anxiety and they’ve calmed down so much since I started blogging. Being able to eloquently put my thoughts and feelings out here has not only provided me with a new level of confidence, but with a clearer mind. Things that used to make me upset no have as great an effect, and honestly I’ve been loving the three weeks since I started this blog, and I can’t thank every one of you that’s read or subscribed to it enough.
Hope you enjoyed reading my answers, I actually really enjoyed answering these! Below are my nominees and the questions they have to answer.
Lots of love,
- Em from Lyf With Em
- Anna from Annas Adventures
- James from Create Your Own Story
- Emily from Gifted With Thoughts
- Jasmine from JazzyBlogs
- Elm from Just Call Me Elm or Something
- and Elsie from Elsie L.M.C.
- What is your favourite TV Series?
- What is your dream job?
- If you had to be an item of food which one would you be? (Be creative)
- Night in or night out? (and why)
- What is your favourite book?
- If you had the opportunity to automatically become an expert in a skill of your choice, what skill would you choose?
- What is your favourite thing about blogging?